February has one of the best holidays of the year; and it’s not Valentine’s Day. But what could be better than a fat little cherub doling out true love via bow & arrow? There’s only one answer to that question & it’s PIZZA. “National Pizza Day” falls on February 9th and is the perfect time for you to indulge in a slice of gooey, cheesy heaven. So, forget the chocolates & flowers and concentrate more on the doughy deliciousness of February’s best holiday!
Here are some interesting facts about the ‘za:
- Pizza is a 30 billion dollar industry in the United States.
- About three billion pizzas are sold every year in the US, plus an additional one billion frozen pizzas.
- 93% of Americans eat pizza at least once per month.
- The first ever pizzeria opened in Italy in 1738.
- The first pizza place in the United States, Lombardi’s, opened in New York in 1895.
- On average, every person in the US eats about 23 pounds of pizza per year.
And here’s a recipe that will help you celebrate National Pizza Day all month long:
Pear & Gorgonzola Cheese Pizza:
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated crust dough
- 4 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces chopped walnuts
- 2 ½ ounces Gorgonzola cheese (crumbled)
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh chives
Preheat oven to 450 degrees then place pizza crust dough on baking sheet & layer with provolone cheese. Place pear slices on provolone cheese & finish by sprinkling walnuts & Gorgonzola cheese on top. Bake in over for 8 to 10 minutes & sprinkle chives before serving.
You are now fully prepared to celebrate! Don’t forget to share some pizza with your friends at Mosquito Joe – we hate pesky mosquitoes but love the pie.
Call us to learn more about how we service the North Atlanta area & keep your yard itch-free!