March 20 marks the first day of spring which means blooming flowers, green grass, longer days and of course, SPRING CLEANING! While this may not be the best part of the season, it is somewhat necessary if you want to embrace the ‘renewal’ element that spring brings with it. We want to make your spring cleaning is a little more enjoyable with some easy and quick sanitation suggestions!
(Almost) Effortless Tips That Make A Big Difference:
1) Run a few lemon (or lime! or orange!) rinds through your garbage disposal to get rid of strange smells.
2) Deodorize carpets and soft surfaces by sprinkling a little baking soda; wait 15 minutes before vacuuming up.
3) Use a small amount of ketchup to shine up dull copper pots.
4) Wear slightly damp rubber gloves to pick up pet hair from around the house.
5) Rub a little toothpaste on chrome fixtures, such as faucets, to get them gleaming again.
6) Clean dusty potted plants with a drop of mayonnaise to see their leaves shine.
(More) Effort Goes A Long Way:
1) To clean a grimy shower, mix ¾ cups of bleach with 1 gallon of water and use a hard brush to apply the mixture to smaller areas of the shower at a time; let it sit for a few minutes, then scrub away.
2) For a sparkling oven, spray burnt on areas with ammonia and then sprinkle some baking soda with a few drops of white vinegar added. It’ll bubble for a minute or so, then wipe away with a sponge.
3) Freshen up yellowed pillows by making a solution of 1 cup powdered laundry detergent, 1 cup powdered dishwater detergent, 1 cup bleach & ½ cup borax. Let pillow soak in hot water while making the mixture, then allow pillow to soak in mixture for about 30 minutes. After the soaking is done, you can wash as normal and dry on ‘air’ setting.
4) Get rid of scratches on your wood furniture and cabinets with an easy 2 ingredient mix; ¾ part olive oil with ¼ part white vinegar. Dip a soft cloth into your magical mixture and enjoy the woodsy transformation.
5) Want to enjoy the spring season through crystal clear windows? Water, vinegar and dish soap in a spray bottle will help get the job done. Spray down windows, use a cloth to ‘scrub’ solution into glass and then dry plus buff with a wadded-up newspaper.
These are just a few tips to get your home prepped for spring. And once you get the inside of your home ready to go, feel free to give Mosquito Joe of North Atlanta a call so we can help with the outside! Our services can eliminate mosquitoes, fleas & ticks. So this spring, be sure to enjoy both the inside AND the outside of your home!
Thanks to these articles for some of our cleaning tips: